Warm pearl cous cous with cinnamon, apples,and raisins.
1 C Water
½ C Orange Juice
1 C Cous Cous (Pearl/Mediterranean)
1 C chopped apples (small dice, skin on)
½ C raisins
¼ tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp brown sugar
¼ C chopped walnuts (toasted)
- Bring Water and Orange Juice to a boil.
- Add Cous Cous, apples, raisins, and cinnamon to pot. Stir, cover, and simmer on low for 12-15 minutes until apples are soft and cous cous is al dente.
- Pour cous cous mixture into bowls and sprinkle with brown sugar and top with toasted chopped walnuts.
Oatmeal, almonds, pumpkin seeds and coconut topped with dried cranberries and apricots.
5 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
2 Cups Shredded Coconut
2 ¼ Blanched and Slivered Almonds
I Cup Pumpkin Seeds
½ Cup Vegetable Oil
1/3 Cup Honey
1 Cup dried cranberries
1 Cup dried apricots small dice
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees
- In a large bowl mix together the oatmeal, coconut, slivered almonds, and pumpkin seeds.
- Slowly pour vegetable oil and honey over the oat mixture and stir until oats and nuts are covered.
- Pour onto two 13 X 18 inch baking sheets. Bake until granola turns golden brown (approximately 20 minutes).
- Stir with spatula after 10 minutes for even browning.
- Allow granola to cool before adding cranberries and apricots.
Black bean, tomato and avocado frittatas
1/3 C black beans rinsed
Juice from half a lime
8 large eggs
½ tsp cumin powder
1 medium avocado, pitted and sliced
1 medium tomato, small chop
Salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 365 degrees.
- Prepare four ramekin dishes with vegetable spray and place on cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl squeeze lime over black beans.
- In a large bowl whisk eight eggs until fluffy.
- Add cumin powder, dash of salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Ladle egg mixture into 4 prepared ramekins.
- Layer in avocado, tomato and black beans.
- Bake in oven 15 minutes or until eggs are cooked through and fluffy.
Vegetable spring rolls packed with rice noodles, mango, cucumber and carrots. Dressing made from toasted sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, orange & lime juice, and hot sauce.
(Serves 6 )
Ingredients - Dipping Sauce
1/4 C soy sauce
1/4 C fresh squeezed orange juice
2 Tbsp. lime juice
½ tsp. siracha hot sauce
1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
Ingredients - Salad Dippers
1 ½ C carrots-julienned
1 ½ C cucumbers-julienned
1 C mango sliced lengthwise
2 C mixed salad greens
1 ½ C cooked thin rice noodles (Maifun)
12 spring roll wrappers
- Prepare rice noodles according to package directions. Drain and cool.
- Slice carrots, cucumber and mango. (Recommend using a mandolin to quickly prepare thin slices).
- Warm water on a stovetop in a shallow pan or pour very warm water into a large bowl before preparing spring roll wrappers.
- Drop rice paper into very warm water until it softens (5-10 seconds), remove and place it on a work surface.
- Place a small handful of carrots, cucumber, salad greens and rice paper in middle of circle.
- Similar to wrapping a burrito, take one end of circle and bring toward center to cover ingredients, roll once and pull in left side and then right side of circle, roll again away from yourself until you fold over completely.
- Enjoy with Dipping Sauce
Refreshing twist on gazpacho including fresh tomato, pineapple, cucumber, bell peppers, and cilantro.
4 vine-ripened tomatoes, quartered and seeded
2 Persian cucumbers, large chop and keep skin on cucumber
1 C fresh pineapple-medium chop
½ red bell pepper
½ yellow or orange bell peppe
¼ small onion (approx. ¼ Cup)
½ garlic clove
¼ C flat leaf parsley
¼ C cilantro
Pinch Salt & Pepper to taste
1 ½ C Tomato Juice
1 C Pineapple Juice
1 Tbsp Spanish paprika
2 Tbsp balsamic or red wine vinegar
¼ C olive oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Place the first 10 ingredients into the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and process until the gazpacho is finely pureed.
- Pour pureed gazpacho into a bowl and add tomato and pineapple juice.
- Whisk in paprika, vinegar, and olive oil.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate gazpacho for a minimum four hours or overnight for best flavor.