Warm pearl cous cous with cinnamon, apples,and raisins.
1 C Water
½ C Orange Juice
1 C Cous Cous (Pearl/Mediterranean)
1 C chopped apples (small dice, skin on)
½ C raisins
¼ tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp brown sugar
¼ C chopped walnuts (toasted)
- Bring Water and Orange Juice to a boil.
- Add Cous Cous, apples, raisins, and cinnamon to pot. Stir, cover, and simmer on low for 12-15 minutes until apples are soft and cous cous is al dente.
- Pour cous cous mixture into bowls and sprinkle with brown sugar and top with toasted chopped walnuts.
Oatmeal, almonds, pumpkin seeds and coconut topped with dried cranberries and apricots.
5 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
2 Cups Shredded Coconut
2 ¼ Blanched and Slivered Almonds
I Cup Pumpkin Seeds
½ Cup Vegetable Oil
1/3 Cup Honey
1 Cup dried cranberries
1 Cup dried apricots small dice
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees
- In a large bowl mix together the oatmeal, coconut, slivered almonds, and pumpkin seeds.
- Slowly pour vegetable oil and honey over the oat mixture and stir until oats and nuts are covered.
- Pour onto two 13 X 18 inch baking sheets. Bake until granola turns golden brown (approximately 20 minutes).
- Stir with spatula after 10 minutes for even browning.
- Allow granola to cool before adding cranberries and apricots.
Black bean, tomato and avocado frittatas
1/3 C black beans rinsed
Juice from half a lime
8 large eggs
½ tsp cumin powder
1 medium avocado, pitted and sliced
1 medium tomato, small chop
Salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 365 degrees.
- Prepare four ramekin dishes with vegetable spray and place on cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl squeeze lime over black beans.
- In a large bowl whisk eight eggs until fluffy.
- Add cumin powder, dash of salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Ladle egg mixture into 4 prepared ramekins.
- Layer in avocado, tomato and black beans.
- Bake in oven 15 minutes or until eggs are cooked through and fluffy.