Vegetable spring rolls packed with rice noodles, mango, cucumber and carrots. Dressing made from toasted sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, orange & lime juice, and hot sauce.
(Serves 6 )
Ingredients - Dipping Sauce
1/4 C soy sauce
1/4 C fresh squeezed orange juice
2 Tbsp. lime juice
½ tsp. siracha hot sauce
1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
Ingredients - Salad Dippers
1 ½ C carrots-julienned
1 ½ C cucumbers-julienned
1 C mango sliced lengthwise
2 C mixed salad greens
1 ½ C cooked thin rice noodles (Maifun)
12 spring roll wrappers
- Prepare rice noodles according to package directions. Drain and cool.
- Slice carrots, cucumber and mango. (Recommend using a mandolin to quickly prepare thin slices).
- Warm water on a stovetop in a shallow pan or pour very warm water into a large bowl before preparing spring roll wrappers.
- Drop rice paper into very warm water until it softens (5-10 seconds), remove and place it on a work surface.
- Place a small handful of carrots, cucumber, salad greens and rice paper in middle of circle.
- Similar to wrapping a burrito, take one end of circle and bring toward center to cover ingredients, roll once and pull in left side and then right side of circle, roll again away from yourself until you fold over completely.
- Enjoy with Dipping Sauce
Refreshing twist on gazpacho including fresh tomato, pineapple, cucumber, bell peppers, and cilantro.
4 vine-ripened tomatoes, quartered and seeded
2 Persian cucumbers, large chop and keep skin on cucumber
1 C fresh pineapple-medium chop
½ red bell pepper
½ yellow or orange bell peppe
¼ small onion (approx. ¼ Cup)
½ garlic clove
¼ C flat leaf parsley
¼ C cilantro
Pinch Salt & Pepper to taste
1 ½ C Tomato Juice
1 C Pineapple Juice
1 Tbsp Spanish paprika
2 Tbsp balsamic or red wine vinegar
¼ C olive oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Place the first 10 ingredients into the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and process until the gazpacho is finely pureed.
- Pour pureed gazpacho into a bowl and add tomato and pineapple juice.
- Whisk in paprika, vinegar, and olive oil.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate gazpacho for a minimum four hours or overnight for best flavor.